6 - Paralell testing
Only when the system is known to be stable can data be collected to calculate the observed mean and SD of a new lot number of QC material. % CV is introduced and used in the SD computation of short shelf-life control materials.
- New lot numbers of control material should be tested in parallel with the currently in-use control material.
- Parallel testing is only performed when the instrument is operationally stable.
- Package inserts serve as a guideline only and should not be used when creating the L-J chart for the new control. %CV tells us WHERE WE ARE in terms of precision.
- Understand the importance of parallel testing?
- Identify the steps to perform parallel testing at their site?
- Calculate the %CV?
- Homework Part I Worksheet_Applying %CV (605).docx
- Homework Part II Worksheet the Great Equaliser NEW.docx
- Job Aid 1_Selecting Appropriate QC Material (606).docx
- Job Aid 2_Parallel Testing (607).docx