11 - How Proficient Are We
External Quality Assessment Schemes (EQAS) enable the laboratory to assess on-going accuracy by comparing its method’s performance to external sources. In this activity, participants are introduced to standard deviation index (SDI) and z-score and will review a proficiency test (PT) report.
- Proficiency testing (PT) programs provide a way to verify long-term accuracy of a method.
- SDI is a quick indicator of how well our mean compares to the method peer mean.
- All PT failures must be investigated and documented by the laboratory.
- Recognize the common elements found in a PT report and their significance?
- Calculate SDI and use that information to assess the accuracy of the method?
- Recognize that PT results, both acceptable and unacceptable, should be evaluated?
- Handout_PT Examples (1105).pdf
- Homework- PT Reading Assignment Quiz.doc
- Job Aid 1_General Guidelines for Proficiency Testing (1107).pdf
- Job Aid 2_ Interpreting PT Reports (1108).pdf
- Job Aid 3_PT Failure Checklist (1109).pdf
- Tool 2_ Comparison of Report Formats (1103).docx
- Worksheet_PT Calculations (1106).docx