12 - Understanding Interlab Comparison
Laboratories using the same measurement procedure and analyzing the same control material will generate similar means and SDs. This information is a valuable source to determine the target value of the QC material for a laboratory and compare their method’s performance to their peers.
In this activity, participants are introduced to coefficient of variation index (CVI). Based on the information supplied from the inter-laboratory comparison report, participants will investigate a QC problem.
- Inter-laboratory peer comparisons can help identify method and PT problems.
- The peer mean is an excellent source of the true (target) value for each control.
- Coefficient of Variation Index is a peer-based metric of imprecision.
- Calculate the SDI and CVI?
- Verify the 4 key numbers used to monitor and evaluate performance?
- Perform an investigational analysis regarding a summary statistic flag?
- Handout 2_ Alk Phos Report (1208).pdf
- Handout 3_ Calcium Report (1209).pdf
- Homework- Interlab Reading Assignment Quiz.doc
- Job Aid 1_ Comparison of EQA Programs (1214).pdf
- Job Aid 2_ Interpreting Comparison Reports (1215).pdf
- Worksheet 1A_ Calculating SDI and CVI.docx