9 - How Far can Your Mean Shift
Benchmarking measurement procedures using TEA and the current method’s performance allows a laboratory to identify which methods are meeting quality specifications and which are not. In this activity, Sigma-metric and Critical Systematic Error (ΔSEc) are introduced. Participants will review a site’s monthly summary report and perform an investigational analysis using instrument records and QC charts.
- SEc indicates how far the mean can shift before quality performance requirements are exceeded.
- Benchmarking methods using a Sigma scale allows a laboratory to use their resources wisely.
- Good recordkeeping is essential in resolving QC problems.
- Describe how SEc and Sigma indicate method performance relative to quality performance goals?
- Calculate SEc and Sigma?
- Use information gleaned from records to troubleshoot a QC issue?
- Handout Monthly Review (905).xlsx
- Handout Our QC Journey 9 How far can your mean shift NEW.docx
- Job Aid 1_Frequency of Chart Review(909).pdf
- Job Aid 2_Daily QC Investigation Template (910).docx
- Job Aid 3_QC NCE Examinations (911v2).pdf
- Tool 2_Investigation Records (903).docx
- Worksheet 1_Calculating SEc and Sigma (906).docx
- Worksheet 2 QC Investigation (907).docx
- Worksheet 3 Case Scenario (908).doc